Due to rapid growth, we are now recruiting a 1st Line Desktop Support Technician to support the Group At Vertu Motors, our IT team aims "To provide world-class IT systems that enable Vertu to deliver an outstanding customer motoring experience".
The working hours are 37.5 hours per week; 9.00am - 17.30pm Monday to Friday.
Irrespective of the role, the non-negotiables for any of our colleagues are, Drive, Character, Attitude, Energy and Talent. Relevant IT experience is important to us, as can be seen by the responsibilities of the role, but is not sufficient on its own as you will need to demonstrate that you have used those attributes to achieve your goals in the past.
In addition to this you will also need to be self-motivated and passionate about what you do.
You will be experienced with the following skills:
A very good working knowledge of PCs, Microsoft operating systems including both desktop and server environments, popular windows applications, Networks, and E-mail.
A working knowledge of the following:
- Active Directory/Domain Environments
- Microsoft Outlook / POP3 / Exchange email systems
- Anti-virus software, monitoring and email security platforms
- Networking (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN Access etc)
- Internet access and restrictions, set-up, trouble shooting, reporting.
- Remote support tools including Remote Desktop, VNC applications
- Printers, scanners, wireless network devices
- Microsoft Office Applications including Office 365
- An understanding of motor retail manufacturer systems & interfaces would be desirable
- Knowledge of IP telephone and SIP would be advantageous
- Ability to remotely diagnose IT problems, and resolve through talking the user through the fix, or using remote desktop tools to resolve.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A polite and friendly telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure, and diffuse confrontational situations
- Good organisational skills
- A willingness to learn and work within a team
We believe that to succeed and be the best motor retailer in the UK we need to have the best people working for us. Creating an environment in which colleagues can excel and achieve their aspirations is one of our core philosophies. Once you are employed by us you can look forward to ongoing training opportunities and long-term career progression, alongside our share incentive plan, colleague discounts on a wide range of products and services and pension scheme. We will always be happy to listen to your ideas and discuss your development with you regularly.
If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now!
Fifth Avenue Business Park
, Team Valley Trading Estate
, NE11 0HF