We are looking for a high calibre individual who wants to apply their passion for data and databases in the role of a Data Analyst / Developer.
In this role you will be working to translate business needs to scalable solutions, while ensuring that data is loaded, cleaned and visualised in a reliable and efficient way.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of delivering data solutions across a whole range of different data sources and projects. You will be required to work closely with other teams to understand the business needs, and design solutions that provide data outputs which are meaningful.
The main duties will involve:
- All aspects of Data Analytics, including inspecting, cleansing, transforming, modelling and visualisation
- Drawing conclusions from data sets and visualising them in user friendly and engaging ways
- Able to clearly communicate conclusions to stakeholders and senior management as required
- Developing solutions to solve data problems, analysing key user needs and delivering scalable solutions
- Design and development of data-centric applications, databases and/or data warehouses
- Align data architecture to support new initiatives in collaboration with for example Business Intelligence
- Analyse performance, identify internal & external trends from data, troubleshoot issues, identify new opportunities and address ad hoc data requests.
We are looking for you to have:
- Track record of data analysis, design and delivery, experience in database & data warehouse design and data mining
- Data engineering, data science, data analysis and data visualisation experience.
- A strong interest (if not commercial experience) in machine learning
- Experience working with database software such as MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, AWS
- Programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, T-SQL, PHP, Java, C#
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, Data Factory and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Knowledge or experience with data visualisation and dashboard software such as PowerBI, AWS
- Expertise in all areas of the development life cycle, able to determine key requirements and design & deliver solutions
- Good interpersonal skills able to work as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to independently to solve problems
In return, if you are successful, you can look forward to a competitive salary, on-going training opportunities and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including colleague purchase scheme, preferential service rates, share incentive plan, Vertu rewards and pension scheme. If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry, please apply now.
Fifth Avenue Business Park
, Tyne and Wear
, NE11 0XA