Digital Content Manager
Up to £35,000 basic salary depending on experience and plus benefits
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
Vertu Motors are committed to providing customers with an easy, enjoyable and personalised experience when looking for their next vehicle. We are looking for a brilliant, talented Digital Content Manager to join our Marketing Team based at Head Office in Gateshead. The ideal person will be driven, inquisitive and tenacious, we want someone creative, passionate and who puts the customer first, someone who is not satisfied to churn but to create content which will set us firmly apart from our competitors.
If you have extensive experience of creating engaging, customer focused content as well as structured content for SEO which contributes to page authority, and you are a motor industry enthusiast this opportunity could be for you.
The main duties of this role will include:
• Develop and write a content strategy which creates value and engagement opportunities for customers across all Vertu sites.
• Dovetail with the SEO strategy to generate content, which is shareable, relevant and contributes to page authority.
• Use customer personas to attract potential customers, retain existing customers and transform aspirational customers into prospects.
• Create an active editorial/content asset calendar which incorporates events and key dates from the business, industry and manufacturers.
• Generate compelling, imaginative and original ideas and bring them to life with relevant objectives, conversion, sales or brand - tracked and measured.
• Create, curate, manage and maintain content assets
• Ensure all content is aligned to the brand look, feel and tone ensuring consistent experience.
• Use and play a role in developing customer personas and identify the role of different content in the journeys of customers at different stages of their research and buying journeys.
• Ensure all content is edited, proof-read and fact checked before being published
• Develop a measurement framework for content to track and understand the performance and role the content plays in successful customer journeys.
• Hands on use of Google Analytics to identify strengths and weaknesses in customer journeys and where content can improve audience engagement.
• Liaise with key and senior stakeholders.
• Collaborate with other teams and contributors such social/PR, retail marketing, performance marketing, CRO, Development and data.
• Build relationships with 3rd parties, media outlets, journalists, manufacturers to generate bespoke content
• Continuously reviewing competition (direct/indirect) to generate new ideas to draw audience's attention.
• Develop a basic and practical understanding of FCA guidance on treating customers fairly and not causing detriment.
Is this you? Do you have?
• Experience of content marketing?
• A strong editorial background and understanding of how content influences customer journeys and how to leverage content to drive organic growth?
• Experience of managing a team of direct reports and quality assurance.
• Experience of keywords, tagging, tracking and web traffic metrics to understand how customers are engaging with content?
• Detailed and practical understanding of SEO principles and how they fit with web content?
• An ability to interpret and draw insight from data and analytics and act on findings?
• Excellent copywriting and grammar skills?
• An ability to think outside the box?
• Gravitas to hold a room, facilitate workshops and present in meetings to senior stakeholders?
• An ability to thrive under pressure and deliver results? • Experience of carrying out research, surveys and interviews to create in-depth, rich content?
• The ability to adapt style and tone of voice to appeal to different audiences?
• Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills?
• Experience in the motor industry or are you a motor enthusiast?
If so, we want to hear from you!
In return, if you are successful you can look forward to a competitive salary, on-going training opportunities and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including colleague purchase scheme, preferential service rates, share incentive plan, Vertu rewards and pension scheme. If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry, please apply now.