Divisional Finance Director
Competitive Package, Plus Company Benefits and Company Car
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Company Car
- Life Assurance
This is a high-profile and rarely available role which represents a unique opportunity to join the Vertu Motors plc senior finance team as a Divisional Finance Director. This is an influential position that will take the financial lead in our largest retail division which has 26 dealerships UK wide and accounts for over 35% of the Groups turnover. Reporting directly into the Operational Director and Chief Financial Officer this role also represents a significant opportunity for a talented individual to demonstrate their potential at the highest level.
The role forms part of the senior finance team alongside the CFO, Deputy CFO and 6 other Divisional Finance Directors, who together set and drive the finance vision and strategy. Within this role you will be providing the Operational Director with tactical financial support and will manage and oversee a team of accountants spread throughout the dealership network. It is expected that this role has significant operational engagement and as such the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to influence senior operational managers throughout the division and to turn financial information into workable operational solutions.
The Key Responsibilities will include:
• Working with the Operational Director to review dealership performance, financial controls and governance.
• Advise the Operational Director on financial impact of operational decisions and support their implementation.
• To support the Group Chief Financial Officer and Group Financial Controller to deliver the group finance strategy and policies into the division.
• To lead the Divisions Finance Function and manage the dealership accountants.
• To implement Group Policies and Procedures and monitor their effectiveness
• To provide and analyse management information to aid operational decision making and identify opportunities
• To safeguard the Companys assets, minimise cost and oversee risk
• Implement consistent finance processes in the dealerships
• Be a role model in the commitment to the Groups Values.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our senior finance team and build your future career with a company who firmly see the Divisional Finance Director's role as absolutely critical in the success of the Group. This is senior leadership position as well as a finance role and as such exceptional leadership skills are required, as well as a proven track in overseeing and structuring the delivery of management accounts across a multi-site retail business within the motor retail sector.
You will therefore need to demonstrate your ability to govern the financial function remotely and to lead a team to deliver consistent and accurate accounts. Your excellent numerical and analytical abilities are essential capabilities for this position and you will also need the ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
This is a UK wide role and we are therefore flexible in relation to the location of the successful candidate.
In return, we can offer you earning potential of up to £110,000 and you will have access to a range of enviable benefits as part of the Vertu Reward scheme including, a car on our Senior Manager Car Scheme, access to our 10% Senior Executive pension scheme, on-going training and progression opportunities, private medical insurance, share options and share incentive plan.