Vertu Motors is the fifth largest automotive retailer in the UK with a network of 155 sales outlets across the UK. Our dealerships operate predominantly under the Bristol Street Motors, Vertu, Farnell and Macklin Motors brand names. We are now recruiting for a Events Manager to join our team!
We are looking for someone who's curious about cars and their drivers, and experienced in customer experience and events-led marketing, to play a leading role in the growth of Vertu Motors PLC and our brands. You'll be joining one of the UK's leading dealership marketing teams, which covers brands such as Bristol Street Motors and Macklin Motors, as well as Vertu Motors, and most major manufacturer brands.
As our Events Manager, you'll be in day-to-day charge of delivering in-dealership, virtual and on the ground events and associated activities that drive brand awareness, customer engagement, and conquest and retention sales enquiries. This will be through a combination of using internal resources (eg. design studio, contact centres, email team) and third party agencies.
Your main customers internally will be the Vertu Motors PLC Retail Marketing teams for sales, who take overall responsibility for all marketing activity that supports the Vertu brand and individual manufacturers. As part of the CRM team, you will be expected to stay on top of the latest developments in relevant technology and event PoS and ideas and bean ambassador for what events can deliver for the business. And as someone delivering activity that mainly happens in-dealership you will be expected to visit dealerships and offsite locations in order to see events at first hand.
Your main duties will involve
- Support the Retail teams in the development of retail events calendars, at least one-quarter ahead
- Offer consultancy and guidance on the type of events available and what you believe will be most effective. Strike the right balance between using dealership resource and other resources (central / third party) to ensure a quality outcome
- Take / co-develop briefs for event activity and project manage all aspects of the deliverables required through internal (studio) or third party (eg. PSL, Direct Affinity) resource
- Ensure briefing documents for dealership teams are thorough, easy to understand and timely
- Measure the outcome of event activity, feedback to relevant teams, and derive learnings for future improvement
- Use internal and external resource to drive improvement and innovation in the events on offer. Bring new suppliers to the table where you believe they offer improved effectiveness and value
You'll be a confident project manager, who is also happy working with numbers and data, but also have an eye for effective creativity that is in line with the relevant retail brands and which customers engage with. This will come from a curiosity about what makes customers tick, and an ability to turn this into action. Excellent working-with-others skills are paramount to ensure the retail teams are inspired by and onboard with best practice, and that you also navigate successfully the balance between our retail brands and those of the manufactuers. You will also work closely with PR and social teams internally and externally. You'll have a sleeves-rolled-up attitude to owning and delivering results.
We are also looking for you to have:
- Previous experience in delivering customer events. Some motor trade experience would be helpful, but is not essential. Interest in the world of cars and drivers
- Project management skills
- Confident in using corporate software(excel, powerpoint, etc)
- Confidence working with numbers and data
- Know how to brief agencies / studios to get good, effective work
- Know how to manage third party suppliers to get the required level of service delivery and value (balancing cost-quality-speed)
We will offer relocation for the right candidates to relocate to the North East
If you are successful you can look forward to on-going training opportunities and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including a competitive salary, company car, share incentive plan, pension scheme and access to our rewards platform which gives you access to over 900 online and cashback discounts.
If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now.
Fifth Avenue Business Park
, Team Valley Trading Estate
, NE11 0HF