Vertu Motors is the fifth largest automotive retailer in the UK with a network of 155 sales outlets across the UK. Our dealerships operate predominantly under the Bristol Street Motors, Vertu, Farnell and Macklin Motors brand names.
Our Gateshead based in-house development team is looking for experienced full stack developers. If you have a deep passion to develop, are highly motivated, proactive and team-orientated come and join our us. You'll have the chance to move fast, deploy frequently, and make a real impact on our digital portfolio.
The successful candidate will work in (and across) our 5 scrum teams delivering complex automotive / ecommerce projects.
Through hands-on projects, pair-programming and mentoring we will help the successful candidate(s) to develop specific areas of deep expertise for which they will become recognised. This will provide the opportunity to take increasing responsibility for projects and initiatives.
Here's what you can expect to be doing and learning if you join the team:
- Agile - we give our scrum teams the space to learn, collaborate, prioritise, refactor and improve
- SQL - a passion for database engineering will serve you well. Full stack coding- we go where the work takes us, from React to PHP, or AWS to NodeJS.
- Continuous delivery - we deploy several times a day and are passionate about automation
- Personal development - you'll get regular feedback and opportunities to develop, at the pace you choose
We will reward you well with a basic salary up to £40,000 depending on experience.
To be successful in this role you'll need to be a quick learner, but you'll likely be familiar with some, if not all of these -
- MS SQL - MySQL - NoSQL
- PHP - C# - Golang - Python - Java
- Mobile / Responsive web design
- HTML5 and CSS
- AWS / Azure
We are looking for new grads, mid-level (1-3yrs) and senior (5+yrs) full stack developers. Experience in the automotive sector is not essential - it is a passion for development we're looking for.
In return, if you are successful you can look forward to a competitive salary, on-going training opportunities and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including colleague purchase scheme, preferential service rates, share incentive plan, Vertu rewards and pension scheme. If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry, please apply now.
Fifth Avenue Business Park
, Tyne and Wear
, NE11 0XA