Graduate Production Engineer
Bristol Street Versa Batley
£20,000 basic salary and Plus Company Benefits
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
Bristol Street Versa are a wholly owned subsidiary of Vertu Motors plc based in Batley, West Yorkshire with a satellite sales office in Widnes, Cheshire. Versa converts and supplies wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs), to both Motability and retail customers. We supply both new and nearly new vehicles and cover the whole of the UK and we are now looking to recruit a graduate Production Engineer to grow our successful business further.
We are looking for a recent graduate Engineer to join our Technical department who is wanting to learn and develop their skills as a Production Engineer in the automotive/care industry this challenging yet extremely rewarding role requires a person who has the drive and the skills to work in a fast -paced concurrent engineering environment, often having to create completely bespoke solutions. The candidate must have a good appreciation of practical mechanical engineering and be able to apply functional cost-effective solutions to a vast number of technical problems.
There are two key areas of responsibility for the Production Engineer:
Working with both the Technical department and the Sales team, the candidate will learn and assist with the design and development of the next generation of wheelchair accessible vehicles the Company produces. The role will involve the entire design process taking conceptual ideas forward to solutions used on the roads will give the candidate the challenge of everything from brainstorming ideas, development and testing, working with suppliers, manufacturing and pricing.
Working with the Production department, the candidate will learn and assist with providing technical support to the Technicians in our workshops during the build of the vehicles - helping to troubleshoot when production issues arise.
As we are a relatively small team, the role will also give the successful candidate an insight into all aspects of decision making within the Company as the Technical department are pivotal to all our new initiatives.
• Produce 3D CAD models of components and assemblies
• Design new products and vehicle solutions
• Assist in the development and testing of new vehicle type approvals
• Participate in product improvement and further development
• Provide technical support to the Production department, troubleshooting in-build issues
• Provide technical support to the Sales team, devising and costing potential solutions to meet their customers requirements
For this role we are looking for you to have:
• 1 years commercial experience is ideal (not compulsory)
• 3D CAD experience (Preferably ProEngineer/Creo) in the following areas Solid Modelling, Assembly, Mechanism & Sheet metal
• Qualification/background as mechanical or product design engineer (or other related discipline)
• Require a mixture of practical engineering and aesthetic design skills
• Knowledge of the automotive industry is preferable manufacturing, performance, homologation etc.
• Good general computer skills
• Knowledge of packages such as Adobe Photoshop ideal
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different departmental teams
• Appreciation of product design strength, safety, lifespan, aesthetics, functionality, cost etc.
• Excellent personal presentation and customer facing skills
We are proud to be the motor retailer who invests more in our colleagues personal development than any other, so if you are successful, you can look forward to on-going training opportunities that provide you with the right career path, career progression and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice which includes Vertu rewards and pension scheme. If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now.