Are you talented and driven with a passion to succeed in your career? Are you looking for the ideal graduate development opportunity to get your management career moving in the right direction? Are you excited by the prospect of working with a Group with over 150 locations across the UK? If so we have the perfect challenge for you!
We have celebrated success upon success since forming in 2006. In this short time frame our business has grown dramatically and we now represent in excess of 30 motor franchises over 150 sales outlets across the length and breadth of the UK from Dunfermline to Exeter.
We trade as Bristol Street Motors, Vertu Motors and Macklin Motors. Motor Retail is now much more than physical dealerships, our on-line route to market must be just as good to satisfy today's customers. Our on-line innovation and capability have also grown significantly bringing not only enhanced customer journeys but also increased efficiency and process automation. Being the 5th largest motor retailer in the UK we are proud of the strength of our relationships with our manufacturer franchise partners and our financial stability provides us with a rock-solid foundation to continue our journey to become the best motor retailer in the UK.
We need inquisitive, mobile, innovative, passionate and enthusiastic new talent to play a pivotal part in the Group's future growth. We want our Finance Risk graduates to bring expertise and new ways of thinking to this key business area, this is even more essential today as the business continues to evolve to respond to changing customer demands. You will undertake a three-year programme - this will prepare you for a management role in Finance or Group Risk.
You will receive internal training, a recognised qualification in your area of expertise, leadership development modules and a range of role specific placements in different Group locations. This will ensure you gain a real experience of the motor retail financial environment and prepare you for a potential role in management. All whilst being supported through your bespoke development plan by your Mentor and Group Management Team. Not only will you help our leaders gain a new appreciation of how to drive the business forward, but you will also have the opportunity to make a real impact and get a valuable insight into the world of strategic leadership.
Sound exciting? Read on
As part of your three-year programme, you'll undertake nine Finance placements, as set out in more detail below. This will ensure you gain a breadth of experience across our Finance function and business, all of which will contribute to your portfolio of skills and experience.
• Risk Data Analyst - Vertu House Support Centre Using data analytic techniques centered around our Group Risk Vision, this role provides an opportunity to contribute to the success of the Company and is key in proving independent and objective assurance to the Group's Financial and Commercial operations. Collating, monitoring, analysing and reporting on trends is a key part of this role. Through computer assisted audit techniques and interaction with the wider Audit Team, the focus of the role is on root cause analysis, ensuring that at all times we are treating our customers fairly.
• Risk Management, Process Auditor - Vertu House Support Centre Your placement will be spent as part of the Group Risk Management team performing audits of key business processes. Developing and consolidating what you have learned from your first placement. This will allow you to develop your knowledge of business process and to enable you to recognise poor process and provide recommendations for improvement. • Dealership Placement Working as an Accounts Assistant, this role will introduce you to the key financial processes, systems and controls within the dealership environment, as well as to the key business income streams of a franchised Motor Retail business. • Vehicle Administration - Dealership This 3-month placement will be predominantly in the dealership environment working closely with both the Sales and Finance teams as a Hub Vehicle Administrator. This key role ensures that we correctly document and follow our vehicle sales process. During this time, you will also spend your final 3 weeks with both the Group Compliance Manager auditing dealership FCA process compliance and with the central Finance and Insurance Team dealing with finance policy compliance. • Group Finance Team - Vertu House Your next placement will based in Head Office and will be structured to provide an insight not only in the Head Office Accounting function but also to the non-dealership based business streams, such as Internet Sales and Finance & Insurance. As part of the Group Finance Team you will be assisting in the preparation and collation of information for the external auditors. You will begin to develop further your management and communication skills as you participate in departmental meetings in this placement. This placement will also include an introduction to Group tax and VAT matters. • Management Accountant - Dealership You will spend 5-months as a Dealership Management Accountant. Initially, in the first month shadowing a current dealership Accountant through a month end process. For the remaining 4-months of this placement, you will then not only be responsible for the production of your allocated dealerships management accounts but also for supporting the dealership management team in maximising dealership profitability for the remainder of this placement. • Risk Management, Balance Sheet Audits As part of the Group Risk Management team your next 6-month placement will be spent performing dealership balance sheet audits. You will need all of the skills you have learnt to date to provide objective and constructive balance sheet review reports and to authoritatively discuss the output with both dealership and divisional management. • Group Finance Team, Assistant Controller Returning the Group Finance Team and reporting to the Deputy Finance Director, you will play an integral role in the preparation and collation of information for the external auditors. This will involve dealing with requests from the external auditors for all group businesses and include the analysis of Group information and report writing for delivery to the Group CEO Committee and plc Board as well as to key external stakeholders, including the Group's bankers. The knowledge you have gained will enable you to access the information required for all business functions independently using the groups finance and system infrastructure. • Group Finance Team, Assistant Controller - Divisional This placement will be spent as assistant to one of the Group's Divisional Finance Directors, where you will participate in dealership operational and financial reviews, including both budget and working capital reviews. This will focus on the key controls operated by the Divisional Finance team and their support of the Divisional Operations Director. This will include reviews with the Group CEO and Group Finance Director.
To be part of this challenging, but rewarding graduate programme we ask that you have:
• a 2:1 degree in one of the following areas: Finance, Business or Accountancy related degree
• GCSE (or equivalent) Mathematics and English
• proof of your right to work in the United Kingdom
• a full, clean driving licence
• the flexibility to move to new locations around the UK, and work from home for long periods of time
• a real drive and commitment to succeed and take responsibility for your own progression
We know you will have a wealth of knowledge and new ideas, so the Vertu Graduate Development Programme is a two-way street. We want you to mentor our leaders too. It's all about sharing thoughts, innovation, and getting actively involved in shaping the future of Vertu Motors.
Our vision is to be our customers' first choice for motoring sales and service. To achieve this, we need you to live our Mission Statement of delivering an outstanding customer motoring experience through honesty and trust and our core values:
• PASSION RESPECT PROFESSIONALISM INTEGRITY RECOGNITION OPPORTUNITY COMMITMENT
You will be talented with the drive, energy, attitude and character to be a key part of making Vertu Motors top of the UK dealership leagues tables . . . and a great place to work.
As one of the largest motor retailers in the UK we can offer you a starting salary of £25,000. In addition, you will also receive a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice including 23 days' holiday (with the option to purchase additional days), an accredited qualification, share incentive plan, a contributory pension scheme and free access to our Vertu Rewards platform which gets you access to discounts and cashback with nearly 900 retailers and service providers.
Fifth Avenue Business Park
, Tyne and Wear
, NE11 0XA