In-House Group Solicitor
£40,000 Basic Salary for full time (pro-rata for part time hours) and with company benefits
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
Vertu Motors is the country’s 5th largest motor retail group, we have grown fast since we were established just ten years ago and as an acquiring business we are continuing that trend in our quest to become the nation’s favourite motor retailer. In order to achieve that goal, we need to have a strong professional infrastructure in place to support our successful retail colleagues. At the heart of our professional service functions is our legal team and as a response to our business growth and to provide additional support to our General Counsel, we are looking for an experienced solicitor to join our group in a role that will offer variety and responsibilities that could not be found in many organisations or practice. This role offers flexibility and autonomy while still having the support of our experienced team.
Working directly for the General Counsel you will provide legal advice and guidance in a variety of areas, ensuring that the group remains compliant with legislation changes. We are open to speaking to full and part time applicants and can be flexible on working hours. Ideally you will work from our Support Services Centre in Gateshead but for the right person, we would be happy to consider other locations. In terms of your experience, we have a strong team in place so your background and specialism will influence the focus of your work with us. The key to your success at Vertu however, will be your attitude! We look for passionate, hardworking people who strive to deliver great customer outcomes.
• Providing support to the General Counsel, and advice to the wider group management team
• Managing Vertu responses to escalated customer complaints and disputes
• Reviewing and reporting on proposed contracts and drafting some commercial contracts
• Updating group documents such as terms and conditions
• Helping ensure that Vertu remains up to date and compliant with regulatory and FCA changes
• We are looking for a qualified and experienced Lawyer with a commercial approach. The role may be adaptable to take account of the applicant’s experience and skills.
• Computer Literate including all Microsoft packages
• Excellent Literacy Skills including English writing
• Attention to Detail and Accuracy
• Interpersonal & Good Communication, including the ability to convey messages in non-legal language
• Self-sufficiency in terms of managing work load
We are proud to be the motor retailer who invests more in our colleagues’ personal development than any other, so if you are successful you can look forward to on-going training opportunities that provide you with the right career path for you, career progression and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice which includes Vertu rewards and pension scheme. If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now.