As one of the largest Motor Retailer in the UK Vertu Motors' continued success is based on strong IT infrastructure performance, maintaining and identifying security incidents keeping our IT servers and systems to the highest possible standards. Our Mission Statement "To deliver an outstanding customer motoring experience through honesty and trust" is central to the role of any IT Infrastructure Engineer in our business, ensuring our systems and servers run smoothly across our business to ensure the outstanding experience for our customers and employees. We are now looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join the growing IT Infrastructure Team.
The main details of the role will be:
• 3rd line support and maintenance for all server, storage, security, Azure/AWS platforms.
• Escalation point for all server related services which cannot be resolved by 2nd line helpdesk team
• Troubleshooting issues in a timely, efficient and accurate manner keeping the end user and management notified of current progress
• Ensure all daily, weekly & monthly checklists and pre-planned maintenance is undertaken
• Maintaining group server and storage backups and disaster recovery processes
• Coordinate key IT projects and acquisition tasks
• Support and maintain Office 365
For this role we are looking for you to have:
• Ideally qualified to MCSA level or equivalent
• Implementing, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Cloud platforms such as Azure and Office 365
• Experience in supporting and managing an Azure or AWS environment
• Working knowledge of enterprise endpoint security, XDR, email and web filtering platforms
• Working knowledge of server hardware, RAID technologies, particularly Dell
• Experience in implementing, managing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server technologies including AD, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy.
• Experience in managing and supporting a VMWare environment.
• Implementing, supporting and maintaining endpoint encryption platform.
• Experience in Microsoft SQL administration would be an advantage
• Experience in security related platforms
• Experience in supporting backup and replication technologies such as Veeam
• Coordination or management of infrastructure projects
• Some experience of supporting and maintaining SAN Hardware, experience of Nimble and Dell SANs would be an advantage
In return, if you are successful you can look forward to a competitive salary, on-going training opportunities and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice, including colleague purchase scheme, preferential service rates, share incentive plan, Vertu rewards and pension scheme.
We will also invest in you by providing you with a range of learning opportunities including online self-development and motivational training content that will help you become more effective at achieving your personal and professional goals.
If you are interested in joining the most progressive team in the industry please apply now.
Fifth Avenue Business Park
, Team Valley Trading Estate
, NE11 0HF