Part Time 1st Line Desktop Support Technician
£10 per hour and Plus Company Benefits
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
Are you looking for your first IT role? Perhaps you are studying for an IT related qualification and need to get some real world experience as well as pay off those student loans?
Due to rapid growth, we are now recruiting a Part Time 1st Line Desktop Support Technician to support the business at weekends. At Vertu Motors, our IT team aim "To provide world class IT systems that enable Vertu to deliver an outstanding customer motoring experience".
The hours of work will be an average of 7 hours per week. Week One working Saturday 9:00am till 6:00pm with 1 hour lunch and Week Two working Sunday between 10:00am and 4:00pm
Irrespective of the role, the non-negotiables for any of our colleagues are, Drive, Character, Attitude, Energy and Talent. Relevant IT experience is important to us, as can be seen by the responsibilities of the role, but is not sufficient on its own as you will need to demonstrate that you have used those attributes to achieve your goals in the past. In addition to this you will also need to be highly mobile, self-motivated and passionate about what you do.
You will be experienced with the following skills:-
- Hardware such as desktops, laptops & tablets (Surface & iPad).
- Microsoft operating systems (Win7 & 10)
- Active Directory/Domain Environments
- Microsoft Outlook / POP3 / Exchange email systems
- Anti-virus software, monitoring and Spam Filtering
- Networking (TCP/IP, VPN Access etc)
- Internet access and restrictions, set-up, trouble shooting, reporting.
- Remote support tools including Remote Desktop, VNC applications
- Printers, scanners, wireless network devices
- Microsoft Office Applications
- An understanding of motor retail manufacturer systems & interfaces would be desirable
- Ability to remotely diagnose IT problems, and resolve through talking the user through the fix, or using remote desktop tools to resolve.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A polite and friendly telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure, and diffuse confrontational situations
- Good organisational skills
- A willingness to learn and work within a team
We believe that in order to succeed and be the best motor retailer in the UK we need to have the best people working for us. Creating an environment in which colleagues can excel and achieve their aspirations is one of our core philosophies. Once you are employed by us you can look forward to on-going training opportunities and long-term career progression. We will always be happy to listen to your ideas and discuss your development with you on a regular basis.
As you would expect from an employer of choice, we also offer a range of benefits, including a competitive salary, childcare voucher scheme, share incentive plan and pension scheme. You will also receive preferential rates on vehicle and parts purchases and servicing.