Employee Relations Manager
Basic salary up to £35,000 depending on experience, Plus Company Benefits and Company Car
- Vertu Reward Scheme
- Preferential Service Rates
- Colleague Purchase Scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Company Car
Here at Vertu Motors due to our recent growth we have a fantastic opportunity available for an Employee Relations Manager to join our very busy Employee Relations team. A base will be provided in one of our dealerships but National travel and overnight stays will be required when needed.
Working as an Employee Relations Manager you will be a key influencer with managers and colleagues, assisting them with their ER Matters and general case management. You will work alongside the regional HR team to drive forward the Groups people agenda. You will develop an excellent understanding of how the organisation operates, in order to deliver sharp and commercially focussed advice.
You will provide advice that is risk based and commercially focussed to ensure you are a facilitator and not an obstacle to action required when managing people matters. You will undertake extensive business travel in order to effectively guide and support on cases face to face where required.
As with all positions the Employee Relations Manager is expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To advise, guide and support managers with all matters relating to employee relations including disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, and coaching managers where appropriate.
- Effective case management of all people related issues including employment tribunals.
- Developing effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the organisation
- Identifying trends and potential issues early and proactively offer advice and suggestions where necessary
- Supporting on ad-hoc HR projects when required
For this role we are looking for you to have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competent IT skills
- Good knowledge of employment law
- Knowledge of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working autonomously whilst managing a large number of cases simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
In return, if you are successful you can look forward to a competitive salary, on-going training opportunities and a range of benefits you would expect from an employer of choice. These will include: colleague purchase scheme, preferential service rates, share incentive plan, Vertu rewards and pension scheme.
If you are interested in joining this fantastic HR team then apply to join us today!