Vertu Motors Plc Recognises Colleague Excellence
Vertu Motors plc has announced the winners of its prestigious 2021 CEO Management Awards, which acknowledge colleagues who have performed exceptionally well and delivered the highest levels of leadership throughout the year.
Nominations are made by Operational Directors to the plc Board, which selects the winner of each category.
This year’s Accountant of the Year Award has been renamed in honour of Founding Director Bill Teasdale, who sadly passed away recently.
Additionally, this year, four out of the nine 2021 winners were female colleagues, reflecting the Group’s commitment to delivering an inclusive workplace and demonstrating the opportunity that exists for women to enter the sector and benefit from fulfilling and successful careers.
This year’s winner of the Tom Fairgrieve Company Person of the Year Award, Georgina Bishop, was highly commended for demonstrating exceptional levels of drive and passion for her role as an Accountant for Bristol Street Motors Northampton Vauxhall.
Like all the winners, Georgina received a phone call from the Chief Executive to congratulate her on her achievement, to thank her for her commitment to delivering results for the business and for the work she has undertaken coaching and developing other colleagues throughout the year.
Georgina Bishop, Accountant for Bristol Street Motors Northampton Vauxhall, said: “I felt incredibly proud to even be nominated for this award. To have won the Tom Fairgrieve Company Person of the Year is just incredible. I am absolutely over the moon!”
Robert Forrester, Chief Executive of Vertu Motors plc, said: “2021 was a challenging period that demanded high levels of drive, passion and resilience, alongside effective and supportive leadership.
“I am very proud of what we achieved during the year and the commitment of all colleagues has been key to this. To single out nine individuals was incredibly difficult, but they have all gone above and beyond expectations to demonstrate the unteachable values we strive for at Vertu Motors - Talent, Drive, Energy, Attitude and Character.
“I’d like to congratulate them all and look forward to presenting them with their awards in the not too distant future.”
The winners for 2021 are as follows:
- The Tom Fairgrieve Company Person of the Year – Georgina Bishop, Bristol Street Motors Northampton Vauxhall
- The Bill Teasdale Accountant of the Year – Dave Murphy, Bristol Street Motors Bromley Ford
- Sales Manager of the Year – Verity Hall, Bristol Street Motors Sunderland Vauxhall
- Service Manager of the Year – Danny Birkett, Vertu Durham Honda
- Parts Manager of the Year – Louise Wallis, Birmingham Parts Plus Centre
- Business Manager of the Year – Jamie Di Folco, Macklin Motors Paisley Peugeot
- Workshop Controller of the Year – Keith Tegg, Vertu Beaconsfield Mercedes-Benz
- Bodyshop Manager of the Year – Carl Sharp, Huddersfield Vertu Accident Repair Centre
- Central Services Manager/Director of the Year – Anne-Marie Knight, Head of Aftersales Customer Contact Centre